The popularity of our Oasis® Bed Bathing Range system continues to grow both internationally and here in the UK. Proven to reduce the risk of infection, improve efficiency and deliver cost savings, the Oasis system has just got even better with the introduction of a macerator-friendly option.
Traditional bed bathing practices using soap and water pose many inherent issues for both patient and nurse. Patient comfort and emotional wellbeing can be compromised, and various studies have been published highlighting the link between traditional soap and water bathing and Health Care Associated Infections (HCAIs). Pre-impregnated with skin cleansers to gently bathe and hydrate the skin, the Oasis® range offers the ideal solution for full-body cleansing in place of tradition bowls of soap and water.
Quick-drying, no-rinse formula
- Single-use washcloths, washmitts and shampoo caps
- Maceratable and non-maceratable options
- Variety of pack sizes
According to a study published in the British Journal of Nursing, use of the Oasis® Bed Bathing System could save £6,000 per ward per year and 21 hours of nursing time per week. (1)
The Oasis® range can either be warmed in the new Oasis® Warmer or used at room temperature, eliminating common issues associated with traditional soap and water bed bathing. Variety of pack sizes to allow for a full or partial bed bath.
Benefits of the Oasis Bed Bathing system:
1. Reduces potential for cross-contamination: Each single-use item is disposed of after use, helping to reduce the potential for cross-contamination from reusable items.
2. Cost effective solution: Proven to deliver savings and reduce nursing time when compared to traditional soap and water bed bathing. (2)
3. Skin hydration and protection: A dermatologically tested, pH balanced, lanolin and alcohol-free formulation. Perfumed and unperfumed options available.
4. Improved patient experience: Reduces the need for manual repositioning and manipulation of patients, helping save nursing time and maintain patient dignity.
Whilst being costly and time-consuming, traditional bed bathing can also pose a significant risk to patient safety, with one study finding that 62.2% of ‘clean’ wash basins were contaminated with pathogens including organisms such as VRE and MRSA. (3)
Oasis® promotes skin health with a formulation that is specifically designed to provide immediate and long lasting moisturisation. Clinical tests have demonstrated that Oasis® improves skin moisturisation by 17%. (4)
For further information, pricing or availability contact us today.
- Massa J. Improving efficiency, reducing infection and enhancing experience. B J Nurs. 2010;19(22).
- Owen J. Delivering time and cost savings through evaluation of bed bathing practices. Poster presented at IPS 2015, Liverpool, UK, 2015.
- Johnson, D. Lineweaver, Maze, L. Patients’ Bath Basins as Potential Sources of Infection: A Multicenter Sampling Study. American Association of Critical Care Nurses. 2012.
- Synergy Heath Oasis Bed Bath Wipes Moisturisation Report 2012.