Continuing with our A-Z of patient care, we're talking about the importance of quality standards.
When you think of Quality, what is your first thought? Here at Vernacare, Quality goes beyond meeting our industry standards.
“We engage in quality control in order to manufacture products with the quality which can satisfy the requirements of consumers. The mere fact of meeting national standards or specifications is not the answer. It is simply insufficient” - Kaoru Ishikawa
Quality is ensuring the characteristics of our business fulfill our customers’ needs; in everything we do. Managing quality means constantly pursuing excellence: making sure everything we do is fit for purpose, and not only stays that way, but keeps improving. Quality helps determine our success in a number of ways:
- Customer loyalty
- Strong brand reputation
- As the product is perceived to be better value for money, it may command a premium price and will become more price inelastic
- Attracting and retaining good staff
“The consumer is the most important part of the production line. Quality should be aimed at the needs of the consumer, present and future. The difficulty in defining quality is to translate future needs of the user into measurable characteristics, so that a product can be designed and turned out to give satisfaction at a price that the user will pay” - Walter Deming
What is the cost of Quality?
For any business, poor quality has a significant impact beyond the cost of the inferior product or service. Reputation, customer confidence, customer retention, acceptance of future products are all impacted by poor quality.
Who is responsible for Quality? EVERYONE!
The Vernacare Limited Quality Policy is to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by:
- Continually improving our product and service through anticipating and responding to customer needs.
- Our conformance with customer, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Our commitment to comply with the requirements of the QMS and maintain its effectiveness.
- Supporting our employees by equipping staff with the tools, equipment and competencies necessary to achieve their objectives.
- Promoting a culture of teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement at all levels of the organisation.